Playing with Firefly and Fitbit data
Last edited on
Plot Fitbit data using Firefly, a plotting library recently open sourced by Yelp.
As of now, the install process is still a bit rough, but nothing you can't get away with.
git clone https://github.com/Yelp/firefly.git git submodule update --init sudo easy_install tornado sudo easy_install pyyaml sudo easy_install simplejson sudo easy_install tornado
And then, you need to install RDDTool. This library is a pain to install if you're on MAC OS X. Here's what I did:
- Go to http://www.macports.org/install.php#pkg and download the version that suits your OS X version
- Install mac port
- run "sudo port install rrdtool". This will take care of all the dependancies not installed on your system
- sudo port build rrdtool, which will give you a build version
- sudo /opt/local/bin/python setup.py build
- sudo /opt/local/bin/python setup.py install
- sudo port install rrdtool
Once that's done, you can hopefully run Firefly with the following:
python -m firefly.main --testing -c firefly.yaml.example
I personnaly had issues with the python version I was running. If you're in some trouble see this SO thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12658141/python-cannot-import-urandom-module-os-x
The value returned by
socket.getfqdn() was awfully wrong for me. I had to
hardcode stuff in main.(
Also, even after doing that, the json encoding in the index template would cause everything to fail once again. I had to harcode things again there.